FAQ’s

Spread the love

Frequently Asked Questions about Michael Buckhoff’s The 7 Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT

Access: When I join your 7 Step System, can I access the lessons in different parts randomly? Can I manage my time to finish the system? I mean, can I work hard and go faster on necessary parts to save time and money? Because, you know, I don’t have much money.

Yes, you can. Once you join The 7 Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT, you will have immediate access to all 700 + TOEFL lessons. Therefore, you can work on whichever lessons you want, wherever you want (so long as you have a good Internet connection), and whenever you want.

Credit Card: I do not have a credit card, or Pay Pal is not accepted in my country. How can I subscribe to The 7 Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT?

If you cannot use Pay Pal, you can pay me by Western Union. If you use Western Union, the minimum requirement is that you pay up front for 3 months of my TOEFL service. The cost is $135.00. Here is my contact information in case you should decide to wire me $135: Michael Buckhoff / 13509 Buena Vista Drive / Hesperia, California 92344. Once you wire your payment, E-mail me the MTCN or pin number that Western Union gave you so that I can receive your payment. After I receive your payment, I will create your username, password, and enrollment key to The 7 Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBTCLICK HERE to read in more depth about your payment options.

Delivery: How will you teach me your TOEFL lessons?

All lessons are viewed online and are produced as PDF files and videos. Some videos use adobe flash format, whereas others will require you to use a free Quick Time plug-in. You will need a reliable, high-speed Internet connection to view these videos. When I score your TOEFL pronunciation, speaking, and writing practice tests, I will provide feedback in one of the following ways: written, video, or audio.

Duration: How long does your course last?

There is no specific length to the 7 Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT. Use it as long as you need it. How long you use the service will depend on your TOEFL goals and desired level of academic proficiency. For example, students with TOEFL scores between 40-80 points will generally use my TOEFL service for about 3 months, and students with TOEFL scores higher than 80 will usually use this service for 1-2 months.

How: How do I use The 7 Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT? Do you have a course outline that I can follow while I am a subscriber to your TOEFL service?

Yes, I do. Click on the following link to learn how to use my service while you are one of my students: 30-Day “7-Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT” Study Guide

Experience: What are your professional qualifications and teaching experience?

I have a BA in Spanish from Brigham Young University and an MA in English Composition/TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) plus 20 years of experience teaching ESL (including TOEFL preparation), and first-year and upper division composition and linguistics classes. Currently, I am employed at California State University, San Bernardino, where I teach under the auspices of the English Department and the College of Extended Learning.

Feedback: How will you provide feedback when I am a student?

All of my vocabulary lessons are self-study, so you will have an answer key to check your answers after you have completed a lesson. In addition, in the case of the listening, grammar, and reading practice tests, your practice tests will be automatically scored by my web site so that you can immediately check your progress. However, in the case of my pronunciation, writing, and speaking practice tests, a TOEFL iBT specialist will evaluate, score, and recommend lessons (I have more than 700 of them!) to help you speak more clearly and coherently and to help you advance your academic writing proficiency. The feedback on your pronunciation and independent and integrated speaking and writing practice tests will typically be in the form of written, video, or audio comments. Finally, any TOEFL or course-related questions that you may ask will be answered by E-mail again in the form of written, video, or audio comments.

It usually takes one of our TOEFL iBT specialists 1-3 days to evaluate and contact you regarding any pronunciation, speaking, and writing practice tests that you have submitted at The 7 Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT.

Guarantee: Do you have a money-back guarantee if I do not pass the TOEFL iBT?

No, I do not. First of all, there is no official “passing” mark on the TOEFL iBT. For example, some of my students want 61, others desire 81, and even others want to score higher than 100. Second of all, reaching your desired TOEFL score is largely dependent on your study habits, motivation, and intellect. All of these factors are mostly beyond my control as a language instructor. However, as long as you are a subscriber to The 7 Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT, I will score any pronunciation, speaking, or writing practice tests that you submit, and I will do everything I can to help you reach your target TOEFL score.

Join: How do I join your service? Where do I make my payment?

To become my newest subscriber to The 7 Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT, click on the following link: CLICK HERE

Lessons: Can you show me some of your lessons so I can see if I like your teaching style? You say that you have 630 TOEFL lessons, right? Can I see one of them for myself?

Sure CLICK HERE to view a pdf file of TOEFL Writing Lesson 4: “How to Make your Writing More Coherent.” This will give you an idea of how I teach and organize my lessons.

CLICK HERE to view a video of TOEFL Speaking Lesson 2: “Free Choice Independent Speaking Task”

Payment: What happens after I make a Pay Pal payment for The 7 Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT? When will I be able to start your TOEFL service?

After making your payment, Pay Pal will notify me. Using the E-mail that you gave Pay Pal when you created your account, I will create your username and your password, both of which are the same as your E-mail address. Your enrollment key will be 7stepsystem. 24 hours after making your Pay Pal payment, go to the following web site to begin your studies: http://stealth.bettertoeflscores.com/login/index.php

1. Type in your Pay Pal E-mail address for your username.
  2. Type in your Pay Pal E-mail address for your password.
  3. Then, click “Login,” and you will be directed to a new web page.
  4. Type in “7stepsystem” as ONE word for your enrolment key.
  5. Click “Enrol me.”

Practice Tests: How many integrated and independent speaking and writing practice tests do you have to help me improve?

For speaking, currently I have 300 paired-choice and personal preference speaking tasks and 20 integrated speaking tasks. After recording your responses to these speaking tasks at my Voxopop discussion web site, a TOEFL iBT specialist will listen and orally comment on your responses focusing on your delivery, language use, and topic development. In addition, based on your score, the TOEFL iBT specialist will recommend specific lessons that you should review in order to help you improve. For writing, I have ten independent and ten integrated writing practice tests that you can complete directly at The 7 Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT. And, in a similar manner to the speaking practice tests, a TOEFL iBT specialist will read, evaluate, and score your written responses and recommend lessons on which you can work so that you can continue to improve.

Price: What is the cost of your service?

The cost of having access to more than 700 lessons and practice tests and to have your pronunciation, speaking, and writing practice tests evaluated and scored by TOEFL iBT specialists is $45.00 per month, and you can cancel my TOEFL service at your Pay Pal account after the first month. If you decide to continue my TOEFL service, you will be billed $45.00 for each month that you use my TOEFL service.

Results: What kind of result can I expect after one month of using The 7 Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT?

Each student will vary in his or her score improvement, and your TOEFL score improvement is largely dependent on how diligent you are in studying The 7 Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT. Based on the hundreds of students who have used my TOEFL service this year, you can probably expect an improvement of about 5-10 points on your overall TOEFL score for each month that you use my service. Consider the case of Sabah, who used my TOEFL service for 3 months. She improved her speaking score on the actual TOEFL iBT from 22 to 26 points and improved her writing section from 22 to 29 points.

Seven Steps: Why do you have seven steps to pass the TOEFL iBT? The TOEFL iBT only consists of four sections.

Even though the TOEFL consists of reading, listening, speaking, and writing sections, I added three additional steps in my course, vocabulary, pronunciation, and grammar, which are important for helping you to pass the TOEFL iBT. For example, since TOEFL iBT human raters will grade your speaking tasks on your delivery as well as your grammar and language use and your topic development, I created a pronunciation section of my course to help you improve your vowel and consonant sound production, syllable division and grammatical word endings, word stress, sentence rhythm, intonation, and thought groups and blending.

Speaking and Writing: Can you help me reach 26 and 24 points on the speaking and writing sections of the TOEFL?

Yes, I can, and I have helped many of my online students reach these scores. The key to reaching these desired scores on the speaking and writing sections is to make sure that you complete all lessons and practice tests related to pronunciation, speaking, and writing. In addition, if I see that you have vocabulary and grammar problems, I will also recommend that you complete all of those lessons.

Start Date: When can I start your course? Do I have to subscribe to your course at the beginning of the month?

You can begin The 7 Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT today or anytime you want. Furthermore, no, you do not have to begin this TOEFL service at the beginning of the month. Your 30-day billing cycle starts when you subscribe to my TOEFL service. For example, if you joined my service on December 15, 2011, you will NOT be billed again until January 15, 2012. Therefore, if you only want to use my TOEFL service for one month, you should cancel your subscription (using your Pay Pal account) before January 15, 2012. If you want to use my TOEFL service for another month, do nothing and Pay Pal will automatically bill you for each month that you use my TOEFL service. A majority of my students use my TOEFL service for more than 1 month, and many will use my service for at least 3 months.

Subscription: When I click to make a payment, why does it say “$45.00 for each month?”

By making a payment for my TOEFL iBT service, you are creating a Pay Pal subscription, which means you are billed $45 per month as long as you are a subscriber to The 7 Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT. Using your Pay Pal account, you can cancel your subscription any time you want, but the minimum requirement is that you use my service for 1 month. Your 30-day billing cycle starts on the day you make your first payment. For example, if you started using my TOEFL service on November 12, 2011, you will need to cancel my TOEFL service before December 12, 2011 if you do not want to get billed for an additional month.

1. hester
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 17:30 pm

I enrolled this course yesterday but I can’t find how to log in this course.
    How can I log in and start my studying?

Hester

Nov 06, 2012 @ 14:08 pm

Hester,

2. NUPUR BANSAL
    Oct 25, 2012 @ 13:26 pm

Hi Michael ,

I enrolled for course but , not able to logged in , did’t receive username and password.

Oct 25, 2012 @ 13:44 pm

Nupur,

My teaching assistant, Marcus, just e-mailed you your username and password. Check your spam folder if you did not receive that information.

Welcome to my Online TOEFL Course called “The 7-Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT”

3. NUPUR BANSAL
    Oct 24, 2012 @ 14:03 pm

Hi Michael ,
    Thanks for your reply . I will take your classes for sure . Let me give you brief about myself , why i want TOFEL 90 score ,I’m Occupational Therapist ,done BSOT & MSOT from India . I have applied for NBCOT , Board to get licence to work as an OTR . NBCOT , has a set rule for foreign trained therapist have to score 90 (Total) 26 in speaking , once they receive my score , after that they will issue me Authorization test letter to sit for board exam .
    In India , i took TOFEL classes but nothing worked for me, in first attempt i scored 52 (R-12 ,L- 9 ,W-18 , S-22) similarly in second attempt as well . In third attempt in listening it was -4 , R-10 , W-12 ,S-26 .

I want to improve my Reading section , listening, writing and speaking . Can you tell me what will be total fees of your’s . I need your guidance to score 90 , as it’actually hurdle in my path as after this have to sit for board exam and start earning .

Hope to hear from you soon.

Oct 24, 2012 @ 14:38 pm

Nupur,

Here are more comments to you about my Online TOEFL Course:

4. Gablo42
    Oct 11, 2012 @ 07:48 am

Hi, i have given toefl for 10 times now. I have not study much so far. I just watch youtube videos before exams. I need to get S-26 W-24 R-21 L-18. Overall i havent received less then 90 score but i can not get S-26 W-24. I get same response from toefl. I tired now and need to get Speaking and writing score as soon as possible so i can move forward. I got 24 in writing one where i did well in independent writing but in integrated i never did well. My highest score in speaking is 24 so far. Do you think this course will halp me? I need your help to get my score. Thank you in advance.

Oct 11, 2012 @ 09:44 am

Online TOEFL Course

Gablo,

Here are my comments to you: http://youtu.be/64pIh2XayuA

Online TOEFL Course

• Gablo42
        Oct 11, 2012 @ 10:36 am

Thanks for your prompt response. I will join your course and I will not schedule anymore test untill i get possitive feedback from you. Thank you again.

5. caroline
    Oct 03, 2012 @ 09:39 am

where can i see the free vocabulary word???

6. Paulo Edson
    Sep 27, 2012 @ 14:18 pm

I´m going to take the toefl test on Oct 27nd 2012. I need to get a score of 84 and the minimum of 18 in each section. I´m already studying for it with Barron´s and other publications. I´ve lived in US for 8 months in 2000, but since then, I haven´t talked to anybody.
    I´m going to be free for a full time preparation from Oct 3rd till 26nd. Can you help me?
    Sincerely,
    Paulo.

7. Maryna
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 13:40 pm

Hi, Michael! My name is Maryna, and I have passed TOEFL exam for the 3 times. My scores are 83 for the last exam. I have problems with the reading task and speaking task as well. Can you help me to got the score 97-100? And how much time will it take?

Sep 25, 2012 @ 14:45 pm

Maryna,

8. Anju
    Sep 17, 2012 @ 13:35 pm

Hello Michael,

My name is Anju. I just joined your course. My husband has paypal account and paid by it. Problem is i didn’t get payment conformation so i clicked on Agree and Pay twice. My husband got the e-mail of payment conformation twice. So can you please refund the amount if i have paid twice.
    My husband’s name is Sandeep Sirsi, he paid on behalf of me.
    Waiting for your reply.

Anju

9. Ranjith Kumar
    Sep 14, 2012 @ 13:53 pm

Hi michael,
    In your web site do you have full length practice tests for toefl like same as in real toefl exam. I didn’t found any thing in your web site. Please reply me.

Sep 15, 2012 @ 14:34 pm

Ranjith,

No, I do not. However, I recommend that you complete all the lessons in all the steps in my Online Course. Then consider taking a full-length practice test. You can get those directly from ETS.

10. Ranjith Kumar
    Sep 14, 2012 @ 09:15 am

Hi michael,
    I joined in your online course yesterday only and i dont know how to join in your Voxopop discussion group. I have taken toefl exam twice and i got 65 and 66 score. I want to improve my score upto 90. Is it sufficient 1 month time getting this score because i dont have time to prepare for long time and my exam date is oct 6th. My previous scores are 12, 18, 15, 20 and 18, 11, 17, 20 (Reading, listening, speeking and writting. Please suggest me what i have to do. I hoping u will give quick reply to me.

Sep 15, 2012 @ 14:50 pm

Ranjith,

To learn how to join my Voxopop Discussion Group, watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lMR-b1U6Cg

To reach your goal, you will need to spend approximately three months. Read the following article I wrote about a student who has been taking my Online TOEFL Course. My discussion of her situation will help you to see what you need to do in the next three months for you to reach your goal:

Jo-Anne enrolled in an Online TOEFL Course called “The 7-Step System to Pass the TOEFL iBT.” While preparing for the intense English proficiency exam, she discovered that materials; a pronunciation, speaking, and writing iBT specialist, motivation, and plain old fashioned hard work were integral in helping her achieve a high score on the TOEFL iBT.

First of all, in order for Jo-Anne to score high on the TOEFL exam, she has been working hard studying the appropriate academic content in her Online TOEFL Course; that is to say, she has been studying vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, reading, listening, writing, and speaking materials aimed at the advanced language learner. Moreover, the 1,700 vocabulary words that Jo-Anne is studying are recyled in the other six sections of the course: pronunciation, grammar, reading, listening, writing, and speaking. Materials writer and founder of her Online TOEFL Course Michael Buckhoff wanted to make certain that his students would get a working knowledge of the vocabulary words so that it would be more likely that his students recognize the words in listening and reading passages and be able to use them during the speaking and writing sections of the TOEFL exam.

The second thing that Jo-Anne realized was that, in addition to having the appropriate academic materials to help her advance her academic English proficiency, she would need to get daily feedback from a TOEFL iBT pronunciation, speaking, and writing specialist. First, her TOEFL iBT pronunciation specialist Michael Buckhoff merged his stand-alone “Speak Clearly Course for Non-Native Speakers of American English” with his Online TOEFL Course so that Jo-Anne would be able to complete 48 pronunciation lessons to improve her mastery of vowels, consonants, syllable division and grammatical word endings, word stress, sentence rhythm, intonation, thought groups, and blending. Unique to this Online TOEFL Course, diagnostic pre-tests and a post-test were taken by Jo-Anne so that she could pinpoint exactly on which pronunciation lessons she needed to focus.

Like the pronunciation section, her TOEFL iBT provided feedback each time she took an independent or integrated speaking and writing practice test. In total, her Online TOEFL Course provided her 50 speaking and 20 writing practice tests, each time getting written, audio, or video feedback. The process was quite simple: every time she took a practice test, her iBT speaking and writing specialist would give her a score, recommend specific lessons to help her improve (her Online TOEFL Course has more than 330 lessons!), and, after reviewing those lessons, she would take another practice test to measure her progress.

The third and fourth key ingredients to getting a high score required Jo-Anne to have the motivation and hard work needed to help her stay focused until she reached her TOEFL goals. In order to stay motivated, Jo-Anne asked herself this question every morning when she awoke from a peaceful slumber, “Why do I want to score higher than 100 on the TOEFL exam?” Of course, she wanted to become a pharmacist, and to become one, she would need to score high on the TOEFL exam since her native tongue is Turkish. Therefore, she kept reminding herself each day why she needed to pass the TOEFL iBT. Furthermore, Jo-Anne was not just motivated to learn English just for her job, but she also had a genuine interest in learning English so she could communicate with her newly found friends since she had moved to the United States six years ago. Since Jo-Anne was motivated to learn English to score over 100 on the TOEFL exam, she was also determined to work hard to realize her goals.

How hard was she willing to work? Well, during her first month of using her Online TOEFL Course, she set time aside each week to study vocabulary, pronunciation, and grammar. On Mondays and Wednesdays she would study vocabulary for 3 hours on each day: making vocabulary flash cards, downloading vocabulary sound files, completing and reviewing hundreds of quizzes and cumulative vocabulary exams. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, she would practice the pronunciation exercises recommended by her iBT pronunciation specialist for 2 hours each day. On Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, she would spend 2 hours each day studying grammar, often writing and rewriting the advanced grammar structures she was studying. Then she would try to use the new structures in her speech on a daily basis.

During her second and third month of completing the lessons in her Online TOEFL Course, she studied the listening, reading, speaking, and writing sections with the same intensity. For example, like she did the first month, she would set aside time each day to learn the lessons and to complete the listening, reading, speaking, and writing practice tests. It was frustrating for Jo-Anne for a while because, even though she had learned the vocabulary and grammar sections of her course, she still had difficulty controlling her language use during the speaking and writing tasks. However, with practice, Jo-Anne slowly but surely was able to more accurately complete her speaking and writing practice tests. Therefore, soon enough, she will be ready to reach her goals when she takes the official TOEFL iBT exam. And her whole preparation took her about 3 months.

All the best to your high-scoring TOEFL success!